Old August 16th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catlover Medway via CatKB.com

Default My male cat is spraying - and it's new behavior.

It does sound like nervous or associative urination caused by feeling
insecure, and you need to think of triggers, as Tracey suggests. I know
you've been to the vet, but did you mention this to him at the time of the
check-up? This always has to be the starting point, medical factors must be
ruled-out.

Secondly, it's very difficult to break the association with the various
objects. They need to be cleaned with a proprietary "urine-off" cleaner and I
would recommend you consult a professional company to do this (they have
special lights that show-up the urine).

Also, try using the pheremone spray as well as the diffuser for added punch.

http://www.celiahaddon.co.uk/pet%20p.../frameset.html
http://wizz-catz.co.uk/soiling.html
http://www.fabcats.org/spraying.html

wrote:
Hi. My neutered male cat started spraying a few months ago. First it
was the couch. Got some Feliway, that seemed to help for a while.
Yesterday he sprayed my tote bag, last night my boyfriend came over
(he's come over many times before, no spraying happened), the male cat
got up, walked over to my guitar case and started spraying on it right
in front of us. Male cat is in good health, just got a check up.
Feliway is still plugged in the wall. He gets along fine with other
(female) cat in my smallish apt. No other cats in the area. I cannot
afford to hire a pet therapist for $400 to cure him, so any
thoughts/help are appreciated. If he sprays the bed, he's going to the
vet and I'm putting him down. I'm at my wit's end, because I love my
pet - I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and now he seems intent on
destroying everything I own. Please help!!!