Old April 18th 04, 08:31 PM
Bev

Default Deo is still King

There is no doubt about it, Deo still reigns supreme. There was a
frightful lot of screaming and yowling yesterday and I went out to find
Clyde cowering by the back door. Deo was there and administering a
hiding. The girls had vanished long ago and appeared later looking back
nervously over their shoulders.

I had a quick talk to Clyde. He is a huge, well-muscled heavy cat and
should make mince meat of Deo who while still a big cat is a lot older
and getting quite tatty-looking. "Don't you realise that you are king
of this jungle," I told him severely. Clyde had the grace to look
ashamed. He is the inside king of the food bowl and ruler of the
girls. I was reminded of the Wizard of Oz and the cowardly lion. Oh
well, guess I should be grateful that he is such a sweet, non-combative
boy - perhaps he will get some grit as he gets older but I am not
holding my breath.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.