Old December 2nd 03, 05:56 PM
Mary

"Yngver" wrote in message
Mary" wrote:

Upon reflection, it occurred to me that my neighbor's new cat might

be
a Ragdoll, because it goes limp when picked up and just sort of

drapes
over you. I did a Google image search, and there she was!

Am I correct in recalling that Ragdolls have soft, thick fur, large
frames, gentle dispositions, and "Siamese-type" coloring? I do
remember that they are bred for that "going limp" characteristic.

Other cats may "go limp" when picked up too, like some Birmans do.

Birmans have
similar coloring as well, so that's another possibility. Does the

cat have four
white mittens?

No, her feet are dark, dark brown fading to splotches that look like
"Cookies and Cream" ice cream, as is her face. I looked at Birmans but
they all had longer hair. This cat's hair is super soft and fuzzy,
very very thick, but not long. I mean, not sleek like a DSH--but not
long. And she has a big, rounded head and round very blue, very
crossed eyes. I think when she fills out her normal weight might be in
the 12-13 pound range when SLIM. She is a big-boned baby, and so laid
back.