Old October 29th 05, 06:21 PM
cybercat

Default cat wants company while eating

"Elizabeth Blake" wrote in message
oups.com...
Stinky, one of my cats at work, is starting up with a behavior she has
shown on & off over the last few years. [..]

I'll bring her food back there and she starts eating. I return to my
office and a few minutes later she comes in, screaming at me. If I
ignore her, she'll come over and put her paws on my leg and scream some
more. She'll continue to do this until I get up. She then heads back
to her safe area, looking back to make sure I'm following her. Once
there, she goes to her bowl and waits for me to squat/kneel down and
she finishes eating her food.

Is she getting older? My cat began making demands like this when she
was 17-18. She also became a little "senile" according to the vet, and
would howl a kind of "woooooooooe is meeeeeee" howl a couple of
times a week and I would have to go and find her and comfort her.
It was kind of like she took the cat's natural love of routine to the
"enth" degree and became kind of obsessive-compulsive. She
definitely became more clingy. (I had her checked for everything
and she had no health problems.) Maybe this is Stinky's way of
getting older and wanting to be babied more.