Old October 30th 05, 05:48 PM
cybercat

Default cat wants company while eating

"Elizabeth Blake" wrote

Stinky will be 7 next month (more or less). It amazes me to realize that.
She's the only cat I got as an actual kitten (around 3 months old, but

still
small & babyish) and I keep thinking of her as my baby cat.

Ah, well, she is not old enough to be acting senile! That's good.

She's always
been a demanding cat and this behavior of wanting company comes & goes.

She
might do it for weeks on end, and then take a break for awhile. She has
also come to get me even when she's not eating. It's not good enough for

me
to pet her in my office; it has to be done on her turf.

Well, why have them if you can't spoil them! I had a friend who would come
in, take one look at my cat, and say with disdain, "she is so SPOILED."
I always thought, "and your point is ...?" Of course she is spoiled! And as
long as I was willing to do it forever (her forever, anyway) then what could
be wrong with that?

My oldest cat (at home) is 15 1/2 and she has become super clingy in the
last few years. She also wakes up meowing sometimes, and she'll come
looking for me. As soon as she sees me, she stops. Probably was having a
nightmare about me petting other cats, and couldn't handle it!

So you do know what I mean. There is something so special about having
a cat long enough to see all the phases they go through as they develop and
age. The process always makes me wonder how anyone can say that cats
are not affectionate or emotionally connected to humans as dogs are. I will
never forget the look my RB cat gave me when she wanted something, in
her last years. It was an expectant, totally entitled look that said, "You
there, the one in charge of my every need and whim. Snap to!" It was a
development our 19+ year-long relationship. I still miss her.