Old March 19th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Carpet and cats

"Cazz A" wrote in message
What kind of threat can carpets cause for cats?

For cats allergic to airborne allergens (very likely in itchy cats) not just
the chemicals from cleaning but the dust and most that carpets hold. Same as
for humans. Last time I lived with wall to wall carpet was at home with my
mother and maybe my first roommate. I've had hardwoods ever since. It's the
same with draperies, upholstered walls and such. I didn't have allergies
until recently, just liked the cleaner feel without all that stuff. I still
do.