Old July 2nd 18, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Default Has anyone heard from MaryL?

On 7/1/2018 5:01 PM, MaryL wrote:
On 5/12/2017 5:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 5/12/2017 8:18 AM, MaryL wrote:
On 2/25/2017 9:28 AM, jmcquown wrote:
I haven't seen any posts from her in a while.Â* I hope everything is
okay.

Jill

Hi Jill,

My old computer crashed, and I had difficulty setting up Thunderbird and
newsgroups in the new one.Â* Everything else worked fine, but newsgroups
gave me problems.Â* They still don't look right, but I hope I can control
them now.Â* Thanks for asking.Â* Your message is old, so I hope you will
see my reply.

Everything is fine at my house except that I need to go for physical
therapy once or twice a week.Â* Duffy, Selina and Kikki are all in good
shape.Â* TED is especially impressed with Duffy.Â* He says he is in
remarkable condition for a 19-year-old cat.

MaryL

I had to switch news servers a couple of years ago.Â* Try calling your
ISP and asking about port numbers for news servers... they have no
clue. LOLÂ* (The information IS available online)Â* It took some time to
configure T-Bird exactly the way I wanted it again on the new server.
But hey, it's great to see you!

I'm glad everything is well with the cats!Â* I'm glad you're fine, too,
of course. Â* I'm sorry about the physical therapy but do what you
need to do to keep up with your remarkable Duffy, Nikki and Selina.

Jill

I just saw this message.Â* I realize it's late, but I wanted to talk
about my wonderful Duffy since you asked about him.Â* Tragically, he went
to Rainbow Bridge in Oct. 2017.Â* It was very sudden.Â* My sister was
visiting, and Duffy was playing with bothÂ* of us.Â* We left for lunch,
When we returned an hour later, dear Duffy suddenly could not walk.Â* It
was a Sunday, and there are no veterinarians open in town.Â* I took him
to another town several miles away where an emergency vet was available.
Â*They spent aÂ* long time with him, and the news was bad.Â* They sent his
records to my vet as soon as his office opened at 7:30 the next morning.
Â*He agreed with the emergency vet and told me that my wonderful Duffy
had had a stroke.Â* I slept with him all night, and I made the very
difficult decision to have him put to sleep.Â* He was 19.5 years old, and
we had a wonderful life together.Â* Thank you for asking about him.Â* I
know you always had aÂ* lot ofÂ* interest in Duffy.

MaryL

I'm sorry to hear that.

Joy