Old November 4th 04, 12:19 PM
badwilson

Dennis and I got married on the beach in Australia. It wasn't an
elopement because everybody knew about it, but we just didn't put on a
party for anyone and nobody was about to come all the way to Australia
for our wedding.
For $5000 we had a month in Australia during which time we drove from
Sydney to Cairns and back in our cheap rental car, scuba diving, sight
seeing, a lovely beach wedding on Dunk Island followed by 2 nights at
their resort, and a great photographer.
I had sewed my own dress before our trip, it was just a little white
summer dress. Dennis had on some black shorts and Tevas.
We got Martin and Rose, a Jewish couple from NY who we met on the
trail down to the beach before the wedding, to be our witnesses. They
thought it was "soooo romaaaaantic!", their own wedding just a few
days previously had been a grand affair with 250 guests, for which
they would be paying for the next 5 years.
Dennis and I had no debts from the wedding and instead invested our
savings in a condo. We sold the condo for a profit and now have
enough money to move to Australia permanently.
On February 21st, 2006, we will go back to Dunk Island and renew our
vows for our 10th anniversary.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote
in message ...

When Vernon & I got married, in attendance were Vernon & I

(obviously), Nathan,
two witnesses, my mum & dad. That was it. Lovely. Afterwards we went

home, got
into my old tracksuit - cooked lunch for everyone & then did a

massive buffet
for the evening, when we had open house, where we invited all of our

friends
round. Loved it. My wedding probably cost a thousand times less than

the House
of Spartacus event and I bet it was as much fun ;-)

Cheers, helen s