Old November 4th 04, 12:27 PM
badwilson

"Yowie" wrote in message

Our wedding was on top of Mt Keira, to the backdrop of a wonderful

view of
Illawarra and the sea. My dress cost $40, the shoes $100, the makeup

was
free when I bought the Christian Dior lipstick (I got it done at one

of
those stalls in the cosmetics department of a big department store -
lipstick was $40 and I needed it to "touch up" anyway). Joel's suit

hire was
$150. The Celebrant's fee is a set $300. The booze cost at the most,

$500.
Various sundries came to about another $200. The reception was out

our
favourite restaurant ( a Japanese place - they threw in the

decoration for
free, we hadn't asked for it) and we asked the guests to pay for

their
dinner (at $25 per person) rather than give us gifts. We ate till

we
couldn't fit anything more in (and had leftovers), my parents

supplied the
cake, and there was lots of booze left over (we're going to drink

the last
bottle tonight - its our 1st anniversary today) and everyone said it

was the
most relaxed and comfortable wedding they'd ever been to - and the

cheapest
(some people did bring gifts, but they were sweet, thoughtful, nont

"wedding
present" small electrical appliance - priced gifts) to boot. I think

we
probably payed less than $1000 when everything got added up. It was

just the
right combination of formal ceremony and casual celebration for us.

I'd do
it again!

Yowie

Oh, I just got to this, I'm *still* catching up! I can't believe it's
been a year already, congratulations! Wow! I hope you have a great
anniversary, and many more :-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's