Old March 8th 04, 06:56 PM
Karen

"Yngver" wrote in message
We have moved from free feeding to feeding strict portion sizes twice a

day to
our two overweight cats, and they are slowing losing weight (very slowly,

like
an ounce a week) but unfortunately our third cat, who has never been

overweight
and refuses to eat at set times during the day, has lost a half a pound

which
she really didn't need to lose. We've tried offering her food more often

during
the day but it isn't helping much. We used to free feed her with a bowl up

in a
place that the other cat couldn't reach, but the third cat we adopted last
summer can jump up anywhere and she will eat anything.

Is there any reason we should not feed our thin cat (she's 7 years old) a
kitten or growth formula to help her keep her weight up? We bought her

some and
she's been gobbling it up.

It's what I'd do. If she is underweight and has that tendancy I wouldn't
figure it a problem.

Karen