Old October 21st 05, 02:38 AM
Cheryl

Default Hematoma

On Thu 20 Oct 2005 08:45:06p, Perry Justus wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news
The doc said that he's seen four or five cats and six or seven
dogs in the past week or two with hematomas... said it's really
common right now. Weird, eh?

I heard the same thing from our vet recently when I took a one year
old male in for swollen paw pads. He was licking and chewing them,
had some inflammation and some blister-looking sores that looked
almost like burns. In between the pads was inflammed. She said she's
seen a lot of this over the last month or so, and attributes it to
allergy - either ragweed or mold spores. Depending on where you're
located, definately seasonal.

--
Cheryl