Old January 13th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cat Beats Up Pit Bull?

Marina wrote:

Fat Freddy wrote:

Has anybody heard about this one?

I heard that story on the news the other night. It was about a lady
who is trying to get a cat leash law passed.

A cat got into her backyard and scratched her pit bull, so she thinks
cats are too dangerous to roam free. For the protection of the public,
she thinks cats should have the same restraints as dogs.

I guess keeping cats tied up will prevent those unfortunate incidents
we hear about so often of a kid being killed or having his face eaten
off by a neighbors cat.

Hehehe. Nikki once scratched a pitbull's nose. He was on a leash,
though, and he didn't get mad at Nikki, he got scared and backed away
from her. Hehehe.

Actually, a really ferocious cat CAN do a lot of damage to a
much larger animal. Fortunately, most domestic cats are
more likely to run - even from dogs much smaller than they
are. However, if it were between one of the smaller WILD
cats the same size as large domestic ones (cervals, etc.),
I'd bet on the cat (they have more formidable weapons).