Old July 22nd 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default "Painless ending for a cat

I am sorry Granby

"Granby" wrote in message
I don't want to post right now but have to tell you something.

I just got back from having my Sadie dog PTS.

This vet, a new one to me, did the two step method.

They gave a shot in the hip area to relax her. It did in just a very few
minutes. They he administered the second shot.

I told him your story and he was not liking it at all. He did say that
more are using the two step process now instead of the shave deal. Said
it allowed the animal to relax, he left the room, with it's people and
normally, was a better deal for the cat/dog. There was no fighting to hit
the vein and he said he could tell stories about that. Said he much
preferred this.

Just though I would let you know there are different ways and, it seems
they change all the time.