Old November 19th 13, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Unexplected place for a cat nap

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 11/15/2013 9:07 PM, Bastette wrote:
Rusty wrote:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/pho...t-nap/14823220

It's the perfect spot! Round, and just the right size. Exactly what's
needed for curling up.

Sort of related, I read somewhere cats prefer to eat out of larger food
bowls (even if not a lot of food) because it's more comfortable. Sorry,
I have no citation. It might have been a blurb on a page of my small
365-day cat calendar.

Same thing with nap spots in bowls, boxes, etc. They use their whiskers
to sense the size of a space. What I read said small food bowls can
make them a little uncomfortable because their whiskers get pushed back
when they eat. If true, it makes sense a cat would seek out a bowl,
even a toilet bowl! of appropriate size for napping.

Then again, there's always this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixxp-rMCdR0

Jill

~~~~~~~~
That's the reason I use oval bowls for Duffy and Selina. The "long"
position of the bowls provides extra space for their whiskers. Some people
use flat plates instead of bowls for that same reason.

MaryL