Old August 21st 16, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhino[_4_]

Default Office Chair Advice

Are there any materials I can use on an office chair (either new or
re-upholstered) that will not get it turned into a scratching post?

I have two senior cats, both with all their claws, and Bebop in
particular loves to use his claws on my office chairs. The front upper
part of the cloth-covered chair is absolutely shredded and the base of
the leather chair is covered with puncture marks from his claws,
although he has never torn it.

Does anyone have any experience with one of those mesh chairs (where the
mesh appears to be some kind of rubbery plastic, as opposed to metal)?
Do cats leave those alone?

I need to try to find a material they will leave alone or I need to find
some way to mark the chairs as "off-limits", at least for clawing. I
really don't mind them sleeping in the chairs - which they often do - I
just don't want them destroying the appearance if I can help it. The
chairs make a ghastly impression on friends or customers who see them.

--
Rhino