Old August 6th 05, 05:57 PM
.oO rach Oo.

We usually just sprinkle it (bought in loose form in a tub) around the
scratching post. They do what they like with it. My aunt will also take the
loose stuff and sew it into toys which they love and play with, hide and
toss about for weeks until the scent goes away.

As far as food goes, only one of our kitties will eat it, the other won't
bother. Depends on the cat I guess. I would tend to keep it separate though
and just try another food. When our two were younger, we did a taste test:
try new flavours each meal time and keep a chart on if they both liked it or
not. From this little study, we were able to make easier decisions when food
shopping.

--
..oO rach Oo.

"Newbie" wrote in message
I have heard a lot about cats liking catnip, but how exactly do you use
it in practice? Can it be used as food additive to attract them to food
they don't otherwise find appealing?