Old August 8th 05, 05:14 PM

Candace wrote:
wrote:

We usually just use catnip for play, but it won't hurt them to eat it,
either. You can tie some in the end of a sock--mine love that. I also
keep a quart jar 1/2 full of catnip, and put their small toys in it and
let them marinate. I've made "purr pads" for the shelter cats, those
are fun. Just take two large squares of fabric, put batting between
them & liberally sprinkle the batting with catnip, and sew it up.

Do you velcro one end so you can open them back up and refill with
catnip? I guess that is basically what those little blankies I bought
at Petsmart are...one end has velcro so you can keep putting more 'nip
inside. They like 'em but I don't have any domestic skills to make my
own (or rather, I hate to sew, sewing a button back on is the extent of
my needlework).

Candace

NO. It's good idea though, for my cats at home that is.
At the shelter, the volunteers bleach the crap out of everything and
usually ruin them in the washer anyway. So I just consider them
disposable.

Sherry