Old September 25th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Default Simon is very sick

I'm sorry to hear about Simon...I hope he can recover...

S.

"JohnR66" wrote in message
Around 4:15pm today I notice Simon is in the hallway breathing very fast
and with a gurgling sound as if water on his lungs. I brought him on to
the couch and looked him over. After a bit he coughed up some white foamy
liquid. At 4:30 he was not any different and sometimes rowed and shifted
in pain. At that time I called the vet who advised me to bring him in
quickly.

After an hour at the vet, they determined that he most likely passed a
clot from his heart. The vet took him home to monitor him. She called
later to tell me he's settled down some and noticed that he was dragging
one back leg which enforces the clot diagnosis.

Simon is 11 years old and seemed to be in good health. You just never
know...

His outlook is in question now. I wonder if he does pull through, if there
is any chance of hime using his leg again?

It's probably going to be a sleepless night tonight.
John