Old September 26th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dave in Lake Villa

Default Simon is very sick

On Sep 24, 8:02�pm, "JohnR66" wrote:
Around 4:15pm today I notice Simon is in the hallway breathing very fast and
with a gurgling sound as if water on his lungs. I brought him on to the
couch and looked him over. After a bit he coughed up some white foamy
liquid. At 4:30 he was not any different and sometimes rowed and shifted in
pain. At that time I called the vet who advised me to bring him in quickly.

After an hour at the vet, they determined that he most likely passed a clot
from his heart. The vet took him home to monitor him. She called later to
tell me he's settled down some and noticed that he was dragging one back leg
which enforces the clot diagnosis.

Simon is 11 years old and seemed to be in good health. You just never
know...

His outlook is in question now. I wonder if he does pull through, if there
is any chance of hime using his leg again?

It's probably going to be a sleepless night tonight.
John

All trolling aside, I am sorry to hear your tragic story. I have a
loved one also, and it would kill me to lose her. Again my good wishes
for a full recovery.

Dave