Old July 29th 12, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
KittyLove

Default Alternative to pilling

.. . . if your finger is thin enough, youcan open his mouth and shove the pill down his throat [this works wonderfully with large dogs], however if you get your finger too far to either side of kitty’s mouth and he gets a tooth or fang through your fingernail, you will get blood poisoning, which you will be able to watch run up your arm, from your finger; in a straight-edged ribbon of red, toward the gland under your armpit where the blood poisoning will wind up, ruin you for life, ifnot kill you first, if you donot get to the Emergency Room in time. Veterinarians actually do this, some donot, who, instead, send you home with the pills to let you suffer how to do it . . . and silly us, never ask why donot the Veterinarians give us a liquid that we can easily, just squirt into the animal’s mouth with the syringe that comes packed in the bottle of medicine . . .

Iam wondering if this is furball season because iam having a lot of vomiting going on [some, including food and/or fluid, and some with just a furball] all around the house, ever since I changed from
“9 Lives” to “Purina” for urinary health. . . However iam sure it is a positive season time to use “Revolution” on them. The reason you use “Revolution” is because it is the only one that may get the ear mites aswell as the worms and fleas and ticks etc. I get it off the Internet from other Countries at half the price ifnot less, but you will need to do a lot of Googling to find the companies. If you have more than one kitty youcan get the dog boxes and break it down according to weight-per-kitty. Don’t get the largest dog box, because I think that has no viable turnover and becomes old and stale. The name of the stuff is “selamectin” no matter what kind of animal or human it is used on . . . Out of the greenish, “20..1--40 kg body weight” box I use 17 drops for and adult kitty and less for the kittens/going up to teenagers etc. This allows for waste left on the sides of the shot glass and in the eyedropper etc.

You can always take a pill; place it in a thin piece of material, or maybe wax paper, and hammer it with a heavy hammer (maybe twice or so); turning it into a powder, and mixing it into a shot glass with a tad, bit of water [let it sit to soakin a while, then stir]; suck it up into a *plastic*, medicine dropper and; going into the side of kitty’s mouth; turn it downward and squirt it down her throat [thisis a skill you will need to perfect, so be patient] . . . always save your medicine droppers, because I donot seem to beable to purchase small ones . . . eyedroppers are glass.

Knowing truth will set you free John 8:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3usXF...eature=related

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 2:26:02 PM UTC-4, ---MIKE--- wrote:
I am supposed to get clavamox pills into Tiger twice a day. Hiding in his food isn't working and I don't think he would eat "pill pockets". I wonder if I could smash the pill, mix it with butter (or vasoline) and smear the mixture on his fur. The alternative is a number of 20 mile trips to the vet for a shot. ---MIKE--- In the White Mountains of New Hampshire (44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')