Old July 29th 12, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

Default Alternative to pilling- SUCCESS - I think

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"MatSav" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote
in message ...

He was *so* guilty of raping his stepdaughters...

I was once asked if I would like to be a Social Worker. It's
the "bad" side (threats, accusations - even physical violence)
that put me off following that career path.

I'll just stick to volunteering with the Scouts. The Boy
Scouts of America have been in the news recently for upholding
their "No 18+ gay people allowed to join or continue their
membership with us" policy. Here in the UK, we're "all
inclusive", regardless of sexuality - unless the member or
prospective member has a substantiated accusation or
conviction for sex offences, including paedophillia.

being gay does not mean you are a paedophile. I wish people
would get away from this idea.

However Scout leaders, unfortunately, often have to be
investigated for their interest in young boys if there is an
allegation
1/20 shows that the investigation was a good idea.

Please don't think I think you are anything other than a nice
man who helps young boys not to be dreadful.

Of course I don't think you hold a derogatory opinion of me,
Tweed. Just one point though - Scouting in the UK has been
"unisex" since the mid 1990's, and isn't only for boys.

I also agree with you about the 1/20 - there will *always* be bad
apples in the barrel, no matter how careful our checks. I raised
concerns about a fellow leader once. He was later convicted of a
sexual offence against a child, but not one involved in Scouts
(and not as a result of the report I made) - but it did validate
my concerns.

--
MatSav