Old March 15th 15, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default INDOOR Cats & Shots

Years ago, I took my indoor cats for regular shots. They got out
occasionally, and it seemed the thing to do. Now I don't bother. It
seems so unnecessary for laid-back aging cats who never encounter
outside animals.

That being said, my understanding is that kittens definitely need shots
to start them off right - there are some highly contagious cat diseases
that they are very susceptible to and their inborn immunity doesn't last
long.

And of course, if you live in an area in which rabies is a risk - I
don't, although I once got conned into having a rabies vaccination done
anyway - it is absolutely essential to vaccinate pets against it.

--
Cheryl