Old May 24th 04, 08:28 PM
jmcquown

Rob Riemensnyder wrote:
The names that we choose for our pets all have different meanings and
origins. I was just looking to see if anyone had any interesting
stories about how they came up with the names of their pets.

(snip)

Persia named herself, basically. She demanded to be let inside my apartment
one cold January night in the year 2001. I didn't intend to have a cat, but
couldn't do anything but fall in love with her after she decided to enslave
me.

After a couple of days I realized I couldn't just keep calling her "cat".
So I was looking at her one afternoon as she was sauntering oh so casually
and smoothly away from me, wondering what should I call her. Suddenly it
popped into my head - Persia! I said this out loud. She immediately turned
around and ran back to me - "YES?" I was astounded. She's answered to it
ever since.

Jill