Old June 17th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default 13th anniversary

"Winnie" wrote in message
Tomorrow June 17th we will celebrate Rusty's 13th adoption
anniversary. Time sure flies. Hope we have a few more years together.
He just turned 14 and is getting really old.

Winnie

Happy anniversary to both of you. However, please don't assume that 14 is
"really old." Cats -- especially indoor cats -- that are given good
nutrition often live much longer than that. I had a cat that lived to be
20, and he did not really begin to show signs of aging until he was past 18.
My sister's cat is now 19. So, put emphasis on a good diet (high quality
canned food, no dry food) and good veterinary care, and you may be able to
tell us about Rusty's anniversaries for many years to come.

MaryL