Old June 17th 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default 13th anniversary

On Jun 17, 12:59*am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:

Happy anniversary to both of you. *However, please don't assume that 14 is
"really old." *Cats -- especially indoor cats -- that are given good
nutrition often live much longer than that. *I had a cat that lived to be
20, and he did not really begin to show signs of aging until he was past 18.
My sister's cat is now 19. *So, put emphasis on a good diet (high quality
canned food, no dry food) and good veterinary care, and you may be able to
tell us about Rusty's anniversaries for many years to come.

MaryL

Rusty is an indoor cat. He has been eating prescription food since he
was 2 because of urinary blockages. Since his second blockage, he has
been on canned food only on his vet's advice. The vet put him on a
presciption food for 'mature cats'
a year or two ago. I can only assume prescription food is of high
quality. They sure
cost a lot.

Winnie