Old June 4th 10, 09:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Possible liver tumor - don't know what to do

"Lenny J." wrote in message
On Jun 3, 3:30 pm, Rene wrote:
First of all, I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

I know several people who have had similar mass/cancer/tumor
situations like yours, where just a few months before the cat had been
examined and everything was fine. Most of them opted for an
ultrasound. You could call your vet yet today and ask his opinion
about that. In some cases, people also opt for exploratory surgery,
but if the cancer is fairly progressed once the operation has started,
there's little the vet can do except not wake the cat up (if the owner
agrees too).

Do you happen to know how much all this typically costs? I know around
here an ultrasound is about $700.

A few years ago they were $300 here. Like, maybe, three years ago.