Old January 17th 04, 03:47 PM
MJohns7861

Default Caring for an older cat questions.......

As my indoor cat Willi approaches his 10th birthday in April am wondering if
there are something I need to think about regarding his health. I generally
take him in once a year for his vet visit and shots. Am debating if I should
now move this to every 6 months. Any thoughts? I have read in someplaces there
is a value to perhaps getting him x-rayed periodically to identify any
possiblity of cancer early. Also, he has never had his teeth cleaned and wonder
if I need to be thinking about any dental issues he may have in his senior
years. Overall, Willi has a good health history and had his PC surgery when he
was 6 for a blockage and has never been outside the house. However, he is in
the 16 lb range and really needs to lose some weight. He is currently eating a
ProPlan weight management dry food.

Any feedback or thoughts are appeciated.

Magnus