Old February 18th 17, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Has anyone heard from Takayuki?

Hi everyone. Yes, I'm still around, but I did find, somewhat surprisingly,
that reading and writing about kitties made me a bit melancholy about late
Spicey.

Even I've wondered to myself why someone would miss such a vicious little
cat. You'd normally never meet a cat like her - she wouldn't be put on the
visitor floor of a cat shelter, for example, just for liability reasons.

Yet, her flaws made her fascinating. And "human", even that doesn't sound
like a terribly apropos word. A broken personality is like a broken watch -
you see little cogs and springs falling out, and you can learn a lot about
its inner workings, if you happen to observe carefully.

Spicey taught me that a one sided love can be just as strong as any other
kind of love. And that even a love that is one sided may someday be
returned.

And Dot and Buster have been supportive. Dot thinks she's a 17 year old
kitten. And Buster loves pranks, and has been pestiferously working at
becoming a film star during my video conferences.