Old December 4th 03, 07:44 PM
Mr Nangla

Hey Joe,

This is very true, I find myself stumped sometimes when explaining to my
little cousins why my cat can't have babies because of all the 'unwanted'
cats and dogs that are 'euthanized'. It's funny how the kids can see through
all the crap and ask 'but why'.

Regards,

Sonny
London, England

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

"Joe Pitt" wrote in message
. ..
I attended a presentation about stopping the killing of cats (and

dogs) in
animal control facilities. He emphasised that you euthanize an

animal that
is SICK. What is happening in shelters all over is they are KILLING
perfectly fine animals because they are unwanted, often due to the

failure
to spay and neuter their parents. The general public sees

'euthanized' and
it softens what is happening in their minds.

I see postings that say you adopted the day before the animal was

due to be
euthanized. Tell people you adopted just before the animal was due

to be
KILLED.

It may seem a small thing, but when you talk to people it may help

their
awareness of the problem.

Every day
10,000 human babies are born
70,000 kittens and puppies are born
If every infant when home with a kitten or puppy there would still

be 60,000
left to find homes.
Most of them never will.

--

Thank you, Joe. You are absolutely right. I used the term out of
habit, not stopping to think about the distinction you note.