Old March 22nd 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default litter box issues

"meee" wrote in message
I was just wondering if there is any way to train a cat to cover her
'deposits'? Most of my cats have great litterbox manners, but every so
often i would find one uncovered. I finally found the culprit yesterday;
Cougar!! She doesn't even sniff, just gets up and leaves. Any ideas???
It's rather unpleasant....

Most cats cover, but some cats don't. As far as I know, there is no way
to train a cat to cover her "deposits." Just keep a litter scoop by the
box and quickly scoop some litter over it (or remove it) when you notice.
Fortunately, the smell usually will dissipate quickly even if it doesn't
get covered (as the feces dries).

MaryL

Ok!! Thanks for that. I will just have to live with it!!