Old August 24th 05, 04:49 AM
Jmagerl

Bobbicat and Scarycat showed up in our window well early one december.
Clearly they had become lost during a snowstorm. We took them in and fed
them and took care of them but giving every possible chance to find their
way home. They were collar less, so we put collars on them just incase they
did find their way home. THe collar had a message explaining that they were
being cared for. In Early spring Scarycat disappeared but Bobbicat stayed.
By late summer Bobbicat disappeared for a day and showed up again with a
note on his collar thanking us for caring for him and that he actually lived
next door. We walked over and introduced ourselves and there was Scarycat.
Bobbicat live with us for the next year with only an occasional visit to his
real home.

When Bobbicat died (she was over 20 years old we found out), we got our own
cat Mr. Bonkers. He is strictly an indoor cat but has plenty of friends
visit him. Two of them from acrosss the street can come and stay for weeks
on end and then disappear for months on end only to reappear for a few more
weeks. We walked over to our other neighbors and expalined to them that
their cats were visiting us just so they knew why their cats were
disappearing.

"EADGBE" wrote in message
oups.com...
As you all may know by now, I have given up actively looking for my
beloved lost cat Albert.

I am putting out a buffet of different cat foods every night, however.
If Albert is out there, I am hoping that there might be a SLIM chance
that he will start to make our house a regular stop in his nightly
travels.

My question is this: If Albert IS still out there, and there IS still a
chance that he will visit my house, what is the LONGEST period of time
I should wait? How many days/weeks? (Albert has been missing since July
16.)

I have read some of the cat stories on this website, but I would like
to hear more.

How long has it taken YOUR cat (or the cat of someone you know) to
return home again?

I am especially interested in hearing about cats returning after LONG
absences, since Albert has been gone a long time already.

THANKS FOR ANY INFO/STORIES YOU ALL CAN SHARE.

Not looking...but hoping...still hoping...