Old September 3rd 17, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Okey Doke... I tried Facebook

Even with the "add on" Mishi suggested, it's an entirely too busy
interface. I just want to talk to people I know and share stories and
pics of our cats. I don't want to have to block ads and newsfeeds and
all sorts of other crap and who is friends with who else. Arrgh!

I'm on it, and there s a heck of a lot there, but it is pretty
infuriating. The bits I least like: having such imprecise control
of who sees what I write, and having no real way to group what
I read so I can see things I see as related all together. Usually
I want the whole world to see anything I write, but I sometimes
find I've spent ages writing something that only a tiny group will
see. And switching randomly between Scottish politics and Turkish
culture and early music (to name three things I'm following groups
or friends for) only exacerbates my already bad tendency towards
"oh look a squirrel!"-ness.

I don't know if anyone is interested in this, but several of my
Yahoogroups lists are contemplating going to Groups.io https://groups.io/
The moderators who are trying it out say it is easier to access than
Yahoogroups, and the interface is similar.

It's not at all easy to see what forums they've got. At least
they do indicate how active they are, though.

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin