Old September 11th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default OT Sept. 11, 2001 a remembrance

"Dan M" wrote

On 9/11/01 I was driving a truckload of tires from Reno, NV to Oxnard, CA.
I had stopped at the TA truck stop in Salinas, CA for a cup of coffee.
While I was doctoring up my coffee another driver, watching the display
TVs, shouted out "Hey, a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center in
New York". All of us crowded around the TV to see what was going on. I had
to get back on the road, so I turned on the radio for more info.

You would be surprised at the number of truck drivers who were crying on
the CB radio that morning. And later that day there wasn't an American
flag available at any truck stops anywhere - they were all sold out.

I was on the phone talking to someone at a bank or something, not someone I
knew or had ever talked to before, and she kept saying things like "OMG,
hold on a minute, this is incredible" finally I asked what's going on? and
she said the WTC was falling down. I was in Gloria's house at the time (she
was gone on a trip) so I turned on the TV and stayed glued there for hours,
crying.