Old September 18th 04, 11:09 AM
IBen Getiner

Subject: Woman Let's Go Of Cat To Survive

reader.com!newsfeed.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp!newsfeed.icl.net!proxad.net!newsfe
ed.stueberl.de!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!p01!okepread 06.POSTED!53ab2750!not-f
or-mail
From: "Cat Protector"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:51:25 -0700

A woman in this story due to the floodwaters caused by Hurricane Ivan
actually let her cat's cage (yes with the cat inside) go so she could
survive. This is horrible. It just goes to show you that some people care
more about themselves in a crisis situation. Her response about the whole
situation of letting her cat go was the following:

""All of these material things I'm thinking about floating down the river
don't mean a hill of beans," she said. "I do miss my kitty, though."

I find it disgusting that there are plenty of people like this who take such
a passive view. I can only picture with sadness as this cat is meowing and
meowing as he/she floats (or probably went under the water causing the cat
to drown) down the floodwaters while the human waves goodbye. My only hope
is that this woman does not get another cat.

Oh, yes... I agree... How selfish human beings can become at a time when their
lives are on the line. Selfish vermin swine.

Look, tweedle-dee.... If you were the size of a mouse, your own cat would EAT
YOU. Believe that.

IBen Getiner