Old January 30th 05, 04:37 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article ,
at wrote on 1/30/05 2:42AM:

My cat, Pumpkin has been losing weight. Very shaky and weak now. We
took him into the vet about four or five days ago and the xray showed
an enlarged intestine (vet thought it was gas in there). Pumpkin has
been eating more than ever for the past 6 months - yet is has managed
to lose a lot of weight. He's an outdoor cat, so we can't figure out if
he's got problems with his "output".

We've been giving him clavamox like clockwork for the past 4-5 days
which has had no observable impact. We started him on pregnazone as
well 2 days ago and that too is not improving conditions.

He's scheduled for an ultrasound next week - but i'm afraid he may not
make it or the vet simply won't figure things out till too late. vets'
best guess at this point is a parasite or bacteria causing the swollen
intestine.
Any ideas out there?!

415-847-7523

Boy, my vet would be working us in a LOT sooner than next week! I wonder
about IBD and Megacolon. Isn't there a vet you can get into sooner?