Old April 24th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

Default Aggressive cat - long winded post (sorry)

I think I would see about finding all the outside cats homes including ginger. Some cats just do not like other cats and obviously she needs to be in a home where she's the only cat.

Celeste

"Sharon" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice they can give me.

My nephew had to go interstate so left me his female cat. She is only 4 years old and in very good health.

However, I already have two beautiful cats who are inside cats only. Anyway, I introduced "Ginger" to them.... that didn't go well. Ginger hates them and would appear to hate all cats.

So Ginger became an outside cat, while my girls remain inside cats and the three very rarely met. But about two months ago my neighbours poor starving pregnant cat started hanging around for food. As she looked so sickly I began to feed her. That was okay because the mother cat lived on the carport roof, Ginger on the ground. Until the mother cat had her kittens and started coming into the backyard looking for food and I think a new home.

Ginger has had a fit.. she growls, yells, screams... if I try to pick her up she bites me, takes swipes at me and she is getting a lot worse. Last night it was raining so I tried to bring Ginger into the sunroom and she went crazy. I just don't know what to do.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sharon.