Old September 15th 03, 04:40 AM
Cat Protector

I think you worry far too much about this subject. Nobody mentioned anything
about the pentagram being specifically for devil worship although it has
been used as a symbol for it as well as paganism. It is a tool and it can be
used for bad or good. You need to have a sense of humor here though.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Agua Girl" wrote in message
. ..

That's fine...but joking about the stereo-type does more to promote the
same. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the amount of muck one
has to go through if their religion isn't mainline. I do wear a pentagram
and am constantly having to explain it has nothing to do with devil

worship
or any other nonsense that tv (and these jokes) feed the public. It's

means
earth, fire, water, air and spirit. It is the star of life...yeah...real
scary business
that.
As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to do is
to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be "saved" by
them
but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the one
true
path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
horrible.
I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with

rocks
when
I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them. (by we

mean us
non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's required...and

beg you
don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving your
pentagram
and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.

AG