Old December 19th 05, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Question - Cats and Eggnog

On 2005-12-18, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) penned:

Why limit it to non-alcohlic? I remember once setting a glass of
eggnog (well-laced with cognac) on the coffee table while I went to
answer the door. I came back to a HALF glass of eggnog and a
somewhat unsteady white kitten! (FWIW, the cat suffered no visible
ill-effects, but I had to keep the eggnog well out of his reach from
then on.)

Several years ago, when I was still dating my ex, we came home late
from a party. We brought back some bottles of alcohol, including some
vile mint-flavored blue stuff. Dropped it on the kitchen counter and
went to bed.

The next morning, I woke and saw that my ex was up and playing on the
computer. I could swear I smelled alcohol on him -- and this at 10am!
"Have you been drinking?" "No." "Are you *sure*?" "Of course I am."

This went on for a while, with me convinced that my then-boyfriend had
a drinking problem (after all, he was drinking right after waking up,
denying it, and grumpy about my questions) ... until I finally walked
into the kitchen. I saw blue all over the floor and quickly figured
out that I'd been smelling the spill, not the boyfriend. Apparently,
the bottle had cracked, maybe when we set it not-so-gently on the
counter the previous night.

My dog Puma (RB) was conspicuously quiet and inactive all day, though,
and looked ill whenever anyone spoke above a whisper. Poor guy. He
must have tried to clean the mess up.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully