Old July 27th 03, 07:39 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:05:15 +0100, "bewtifulfreak"
wrote:

Well, I've been told by more than one vet that a complete dry food was the
best thing to feed my cats, and I'm not the only one who's been told this by
their vet.

It is really surprising how few vets actually understand feline
nutrition. The cat is very different form the dog, and from other
small animals and their nutritional needs have been very neglected in
vet schools over the years.

I've always thought it was safe to trust a vet, but perhaps not.
And I will reconsider the free feeding, as I do worry about their food
getting stale, and they do take from the back where the freshest food is.
Interesting how we can get such conflicting information, even from the best
sources (you would assume you could trust a vet).

Ann

Take a look at http://www.felinefuture.com/nutrition/bpo_ch4.php

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

--
Bob.

How to become immortal: Read this signature tomorrow and follow its
advice.