Old March 22nd 04, 11:42 PM
JP Hobbs

Like your reason for buying Steve, I might say,......just like a man,
Jean.P.

Steve G wrote in message
om...
Debra Berry wrote in message

(...)

Up to $200 is ok for cost, with a carpet "beater", relatively
quiet and lightweight (I have stairs to drag it up), a handtool
accessory would be nice. Do the hepa-filter vacuums
do a better job on cat hair, dust, and dander? How often does
the filter need to be replaced?

(...)

The benefit of your experience is greatly appreciated.

I have a Dyson Animal - though I think this was nearer to $300 than
the $200 you've budgeted. Cannot recall for sure. Anyway, it works
very well indeed on carpets, but not spectacularly on hard floors. The
HEPA filter never needs to be replaced, but should be washed
occasionally. It has a hair remover tool that works quite well, and
which sounds like helicopter. Great! In short, it sucks.

Anyway, the only reason I got the vacuum was because it looks just
like an alien artifact or perhaps the lost Mars probe thing.

Steve.