Old March 20th 14, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Some Cat Videos - Are we still having a party? G

On 3/20/2014 7:26 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 3/20/2014 1:21 AM, Joy wrote:
On 3/19/2014 5:02 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 3/19/2014 5:30 PM, Joy wrote:
I got a call a little while ago that I think is kind of exciting. It
was to schedule my ride-along. I'm taking a class at the local police
department called Citizen's Academy. We attend classes on Wednesday
evenings and have three field trips. The call today scheduled my
chance
to ride along with the police for four hours. I'm set up for a week
from Friday, from noon to 4:00 p.m. - unless something happens during
that time to make it longer before I get back to the police station. I
think it should be very interesting.

Joy

That's very cool.

Jill

Thank you. I think so too. At the first class we saw the watch
commander's office, dispatch and the holding cells. We also saw the
vehicles used by SWAT, and many of their tools and weapons. Tonight,
among other things, we learned about identity theft. After hearing that
the easiest way for crooks to steal credit card numbers is at gas
stations, I've decided to pay cash for my gas from now on.

Joy

There is a fairly new kind of theft the police call "sliders". Most
people don't think about someone stealing from their car when they're
standing right next to it, pumping gas. Women leave their purse on the
seat with the car doors unlocked. A car pulls up beside theirs, someone
slides out, opens their car door, grabs the purse, hops back in and the
driver takes off. When I'm out my purse is always on my shoulder. I
*never* leave my purse on the seat of the car.

Jill

I put my purse on the floor of the car and lock the doors.

Joy