Old November 11th 03, 06:51 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Arthur Shapiro wrote:

In article , "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:
-- Thanks to everyone who sent purrs. May I offer further proof that they
-- work?

Neat! Enjoy the trip. Perhaps you can actually meet him after the
performance; I don't know the European "green room" conventions.

I hope so - I have a phot of him with me and another fan which was taken
in New York, a year ago last October. I'd like to get it autographed
(two copies, one for my fellow fan).

Any recording recommendations for this artist?

Depnds upon your taste in music - he's made a great many classical
recordings - Lieder and French art songs and "recitals" of operatic
arias, as well as a great many complete operas. (He's on the 1995 Solti
"Meistersinger" recording - with Ben Hepner and Karita Mattila - which
won a classical Grammy that year.)
He has also made two recordings of lighter music - one a "cast album" of
a French production of "Man of La Mancha", and one of "standard" French
songs - probably what you'd call "semi-classical" - titled "Chansons de
toujours".