Old September 16th 03, 05:44 AM
m. L. Briggs

On 16 Sep 2003 00:22:07 GMT, pam (Mary) wrote:

I'm afraid Tuggles and Midge have to go. Thanks for the suggestions
though. Sometimes it is just unavoidable (despite what some of the cat
disciples here suggested)

I had a boyfriend who was highly allergic to cats. This worked perfectly with
no medication. It will also get rid of her other allergies as well. If you get
rid of the cat and not the other allergens, what would be the point.

No rugs or carpeting, only hardwood floors, tile or linoleum. No drapes, fabric
furniture, only blinds, shutters, leather and wood furniture. Easy to wipe down
often to reduce dander and dust. You do the wiping and vaccuming for her.
You'll save time cleaning also.

You wash the cat once a month to reduce dander. Every day you wipe the cat with
a moist cloth to remove hair and dander. Kitty loves it.

Get an air purifier and keep the windows closed so dust, dander, pollen can't
come inside. Wipe surfaces down frequently for the same reason.

Don't ever let the cat in the bedroom. Don't let the cat sit where she sits all
the time such as the couch or her desk chair. Don't leave her sweater lying
around for them to sit on. Tell her to rinse her hands after touching the cat.

Check your house for other allergens. Is a sink leaking and you have mold and
mildew? I heard of a guy who euthanized his cat as he SWORE it was the cat. He
still had allergies...and extreme guilt. I'm allergic to cats also and this
works for me too. Just keep in mind she'll still have allergies outside of the
house as other people have cats and you can't stop dust and pollen.

You are so right. Years ago there was a book "The Allergic Child"
that gave all this information and more. No feather pillows, wash
bedding frequently, cover mattresses, etc. It also had info on food
allergies, as I remember.

The latest "thinking" on allergies is interesting -- children
raised in a too clean environment have more allergies because their
bodies don't produce antibodies.So, we have to live and learn, don't
we?