Old March 12th 05, 05:21 PM
Mary

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
. ..
Mary wrote:

Regarding your art: I love it all, but am particularly fond of
your botanical illustrations. There is some great soothing
peace in the repeated patterns and shapes in nature, and
the colors too, for me.

Definitely. I find a lots of the patterns in plants, and also in some of
the single-celled creatures, fascinating and very abstract. One of the
most beautiful groups of micro-organisms are the diatoms. They have
incredible external skeletons (cell walls) and symmetry. Also a very
ancient group, frequently seen in fossil sediments.

I recall these from some "quick and dirty" biology survey course.
As for the patterns and the beauty, and the intricate and ingenious
systems, I'm with whoever said that the study of biology convinced
them more that there is a supreme being or intelligence than anything
else!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. :-)

Deb.
--