Old June 21st 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Momma and Kittens living in Hedge= Help!

If you cannot catch them by hand, boy or borrow a have a heart trap. Trap
them all and take them to a no kill shelter or find homes for them. You are
wonderful to care for them.
Gail
"abmouse" u23284@uwe wrote in message news:621d1bb82792f@uwe...
I'm home on a medical leave and I discovered a momma and about 5 kittens
living in my hedge. Momma is just a youngster herself and after
discussing
with my apt maintenance guy (and cat lover) we determined momma is a stray
who has been living at our apt complex for most of this year. I do not
believe momma is nursing anymore- kittens are adoptable age and are
beginning
to accompany mom on short trips out of the hedge. My apt is ground floor
and only 15 feet from the hedge- my patio is easily accessible to the
kittens
so I and feeding Mom wet food and kitten food and the kittens are also
eating
some kitten food. I also have water out for them. Mom is aware of my
presence in the window and so are kittens. Not comfortable with me
outside
yet though. I really want to eventually capture both Mom and kittens and
take to shelter but I am not sure how. My fear is that the kittens are
old
enough that if I capture one the others will move. I have two indoor cats
(who are enjoying watching the show from the window too). I do have a
garage when i could put any "captured kittens" until all have been
captured.
New at this... Please help.

Amy
Mukilteo WA