Old April 11th 11, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default I Won! but... Ooops!

"jmcquown" wrote:
Early in March I got a $25 American Express gift card in the mail.
The return address on the envelope said 'Weight Watchers'. I didn't
bother to read the letter; I figured this was a marketing gimmick and
I'd have to use it to sign up for Weight Watchers, so I shredded it.

Last week I got another letter in the mail stating the reference to
Weight Watchers was an error. The letter indicated I received the
card because I won first prize in the Hill's Science Diet Make a
Difference Contest. Drat! I shredded the card! I called the number
on the letter. I was directed to report the card as lost. I
explained to the person I spoke with what happened and he got a good
laugh out of it. They're re-issuing the card. Naturally I'll be using
it to buy stuff for Persia Think of all the FF $25 will buy!
Whee!

Jill

LOL It wasn't just the person on the phone that got a good laugh out of
it. I hope Persia enjoys her treats.
--
Adrian