Old July 17th 03, 09:39 PM
Tlg064

Default Cat Drowned In Pool

Just came home from work and decided to go in the pool and found one of my cats
floating in the water. A heartbreaking and horrifying sight. She was a stray I
took in 6 or seven years ago and getting up there in age and having a little
trouble walking. I cant bear the thought of the cat frantically fighting to
get out of the pool after she fell in.

Well I have four other cats one of which does go outside. Do I need to be
concerned. Can a healthy cat manage to get herself out of an above ground pool
should she fall in. The one that drowned and this one prefer to drink pool
water in the summer rather than drinking from their bowl. There is no practical
way I could close off the pool. The yard is fenced but the pool is not. In fact
walking out the door leads directly to the pool without stepping up or down.
Any suggestions.

Tom