Old January 31st 04, 05:14 PM
Dave

"Chris" wrote in message
ink.net...
Try the Cornell University site.. they have pretty good medical info...
There is also a Yahoo FELV+ group where members seem to share contacts &
experience...
Also, just in case, make sure your cat had both the Elissa test (done

right
in the office) and the IFA test (bloodwork sent out to lab). Was he an
indoor-outdoor cat? As I understand adult cats can only contract Leukemia
from prolonged exposure to other FELV+ cat...

Thanks. I've been to the Cornell site, but hadn't heard about the Yahoo
group. I'll give it a try.

He's an indoor cat and has tested positive with both tests, even though he
tested negative when we got him as a kitten and has not been exposed to an
FELV+ cat since then. The vet thinks that he'd been exposed at the shelter
and had not developed enough antibodies to test positive at that time.

Thanks again,

Dave