Old January 31st 04, 10:51 PM
Phil P

"Dave" wrote in message

He's an indoor cat and has tested positive with both tests, even though he
tested negative when we got him as a kitten and has not been exposed to an
FELV+ cat since then.

The vet thinks that he'd been exposed at the shelter
and had not developed enough antibodies to test positive at that time

Where did your vet get his DVM? -- an ad on a matchbook cover from a scam
company that sells bogus university degrees by mail from Bangladesh???
Tests for FeLV test for *antigen* not antibodies!!!

This is FeLV 101....and one of worst examples of incompetency that I've ever
seen in 40 years of animal rescue!

*Please* find a new vet! *Quick* if not sooner!