Old May 18th 05, 02:31 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 17 May 2005 06:59:47p, Charlie Wilkes wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

I just let him go. I figured he was feeling ok because he
hissed at me and charged the gate of the pet porter. So I
opened the gate and stepped back into the house. He looked at
me through the slats in the side of the pet porter as though he
was wondering if this was yet another trick. Then he took off
-- at a brisk pace, but not a full-on run.

I know that walk. I TNRd cats in my neighborhood and it was the
hardest thing for me to let them go. There was no other choice
though. To see a cat that you cared enough about to see to
his/her well-being (but not able to find a home for them) walk
away, turn around and look back at you, is just heart-wrenching.

He is free to do his own thing and I will never bother him
again. He is a fine, healthy animal and I wish him well. I
made sure he knows where to come find food if he wants it.

Congrats on the TNR Charlie. I hope he continues to come back for
food and maybe even companionship.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields